Does Vertex Payroll Q 2.9.2 really require an install per Env?

JCamden

Trying to get Vertex Payroll Q 2.9.2 to link to E1 8.12. I was told by GSC I must install Vertex in a different directory on the Ent. Server for each Environment I want to use Vertex in. DEV needs a separate install, PY needs a separate install, PD needs a separate install.
shocked.gif
Then GSC sent me a followup e-mail that says I can only have one install of Vertex per Ent. Server, and that I can't install Vertex SUT on same Ent. Server as Payroll?

Anybody else hear of such a thing? Is he right?
confused.gif

Jerry,
I'm on version 8.10, but I can't imagine Vertex setup has changed that much. I have ONE Vertex installation which I point to in all my environments. (I only run Vertex for payroll). It has always been my understanding you can only have one Vertex installation on your enterprise server. At least that part of what they told you is true. In 8.10, the processing options for P7308 tell the program how many enterprise servers and what types of Vertex (payroll or SUT) you are using. That determines what tabs show up on the Database Connection program. Look and see how your processing options are set up. I don't remember seeing if you posted what type of Enterprise Server you have. That may make a difference.

Back