JDE Standalone 8.12 with Tools 8.97

trevalex

Hi I am completely new to JDE, I am trying to setup a dev environment so we can test an integration of our software into JDE that a 3rd party company wrote for us.

I have been to E-Delivery and obtained the latest package and installed JDE 8.12 Tools 8.97 on one machine.
Thanks to this forum I have got round the few configurations that are required to get it up and running.

I need to know how to enable a planner environment, so that I can check ESU ans ASUs have been applied.

So background.
I have the documentation from: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E10995_01/jded/html/docset.html

I am now at the stage where I want to test the third part integration, hence why I need a Planner Environment.

The integration deleivered via an ASU, which says that you should have the planner ESU installed.
I have found that (on E delivery) and ran the exe. All looks good.

Now when I launch the JDE Soln Explorer and Goto the ASU menu option, I get an eror:

Error: Login environment invalid.

I guess the DEMO login and DEMO812 environment is not setup to allow you to do ASU/ESU work.

If anyone can help me that would be great.

Travelex,

Generally people do not apply ESUs and ASUs to the Demo. That's what people have test servers for.

trevalex,
Demo has only call object kernel active so you might not be able to do other interfaces. For your testing you should go for an actual Test Enterprise server setup and do the testing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chan

Hi thanks for replying.

I understand generally you would normally have a series of Deployment and test servers. However in our case its not pratical to build a JDE environment to test one ASU.

Ideally I want one server that I can apply the ASU to so that all future versions we are given can be tested.

As we don't use JDE inhouse it makes no sense to buy a license for JDE.

So it looked like the Standalone Tools version was essentially a desktop dev install.
(Going by my experience on Siebel)
If you can't apply ASU's can you tell me what the limitations of the Standalone is.. ?
Finding the correct documentation is difficult, now oracle seem to be moving stuff araound.
If you can configure the Standalone can you tell me how I set up a planner environment ?

Cheers

Hi,

The point is you need a Deployment to have a Planner
environment, and you'll need a Planner environment to
install an ASU or an ESU.
Unfortunately, the DEMO or Standalone version doesn't
provide that functionality, it was not designed with
that goal in mind.

Ok Thanks for all your responses.
So is it possible to have a license free Testing server ? And is this possible to setup using VMWare..
I am after the best way to setup a test/dev environment without have to have individual servers.. is this possible?
ANy suggestions would be appricated.

Back