OWInfo tool

tpw_nz

Hi all,

Over the last 8 or so years I've spent considerable time developing OWInfo into the (hopefully) useful tool is it today.

This leads me to a question, is this tool useful enough to be paid for?

Yes, this is a pretty useful tool and you could charge for it. having said that, could you please post the newest (free) version here since the last one expired on 4/1/08?
smile.gif

You may go and get it from his website; I just did it yesterday
tongue.gif

I prefer to have it for free ;-)

BUT one suggestion, most of ours are working for many customer in many sites AND most of the time the customers do not want, or are not able to pay...

So we will have to pay by ourselves

So my suggestion is to FIND a good and SIMPLE way for all of us (you and us)

Because if you will have to manage licence and all things like that you will too much time on that part and not on OWInfo.

SO, I suggest U sell it in the shareware way with a free and limited version (limited to simple features) and with a code to activate other features. And then U sell the code and change the code for all versions

That's a suggestion, maybe with the same idea you may find some other way than create site dependant versions, not usefull for us

Regards, Franck

Bug?
Hello Trevor,
It seems when you go to Version Info for a UBE, the data selection/sequence is not displayed.

Yes it does. You will get the Processing Options OR Data Sel / Seq separately (not all together).
grin.gif

On the Version Information screen use the radio buttons to choose your output, HTML and CSV both allow PO, selection and sequence, Single CSV only allows PO.

For me it doesn't work for all UBEs. I just tried another one and it worked, but on some I just get "No data selection" (PO information is displayed correctly). I also tried a table conversion and it didn't seem to work on it either.

I am on B7333.

mahmad,

Could you give me an example of a standard UBE that works and one that doesn't.

Cheers.

Trevor,
I did a little bit of testing and I think this is what's happening: The data selection is displayed ONLY for those versions that have Data Selection overrides. If the version inherits data selection from the parent UBE, then "No Data Selection" is displayed.

For Table conversions, it doesn't display the data selection either way.

Now the question is, can this be fixed?

Only just found this thread. I have been using this occasionally for the past couple of years and it's a handy utility so when I tried to use it and it asked me to get the latest version I did - only to find it now needs to be licensed!
Fine, I thought, if he's asking for 20 bucks I might be able to get that signed off - then I saw what the license costs!
ooo.gif

Is this a joke? Usefull, maybe, but at that price? No way!

One may only get what one pays for. Let's put it this way: return on investment.
How many hours do you save in one year, by using OW Info? Let's say H hours.
And now the big bang: how much do you charge for an hour? Let's say C $/Hour.
With this relatively simple arithmetic H x C you get a Y $ amount.
Compare Y with the license cost (say L).
If Y >= L then common sense would suggest it is worth paying the cost. That was the case for my company
smile.gif

If not ... consider it a joke. It is a free joke
smirk.gif

Hi there Trevor

Sorry to be a pain - where are you with this? I am not familiar with the utility at all - please can you point me at more information?

Thanks - Chris

Back