user unable to run dream writer

ibilima

We have JDE 8.1 CUM 2 running on IBM iSeries. Situation: I am calling P47032 from a CL program. When I call the CL under my signon(SECOFR authority), it will work. When the intended user runs it, it fails. The files F47036 and F47037 are not being populated. Is this an issue with Action Codes, security on the Dream Writer, security on the files, ???????

You could test by creating a new user with the same abilities as your intended user. Set the message logging parameter LOG for this job to "LOG(4 0 *seclvl)" to gather the most information. Review the job log after the job completes. You should have a better idea as to the cause of this problem.

The joblogs are identical with the exception that mine has a 'diagnostic' message about the open of file F4700 was changed SEQONLY(*YES). The user does not have this. Library Lists are the also the same.

confused.gif

You could also submit the job as the test user while in debug mode and see what shows up.

You cannot use your own profile because SECOFR usually has far more abilities than most users.

Back