Porttest Failing with no logs

DJH

Hi list

I am doing a new install in a test DR environment. I have installed Windows 2003 SP2 and Vis C++ 6.0 SP5, along with SQL2000 and the PS810, PS_PROD and PS_PD810 databases, (Retsored from our live env). The Enterprise Server code installs fine but when it comes to doing a porttest it just returns the command prompt. Nothing appears in the log directory. Anybody seen this before?

I have a feeling it has something to do with the compiler but I cant find anything wrong and I have uninstalled C++ and resinstalled it.

Thank in advance for any help.

E810, 8.96.1.2, Intel, SQL2000 SP4

Hi,

It's not related to the compiler, it's not used until you
build a server package including C code.
That kind of porttest failure is usually related to :

1. You didn't create the ODBC entries on your Enterprise
Server or the SQL Client is missing or misconfigured.
2. One or several paths of your server JDE.INI are invalid,
they should all point to local server paths
3. Services are launched with an account that has no
rights to access those paths
4. Your JDE.INI points to a startup pathcode which is
not installed on your Enterprise server. If your server
launches from DV810 (according to JDE.INI) and DV810
is not installed then it will crash accordingly.

Thanks for your reply.

1. ODBC's are all there and I have tested each of them and they are OK.

2. I have checked JDE.ini paths and they are all valid.

3. Services are launched with local admin account. But when I start them it just says it didnt respond in a timely fashion so does'nt start.

4. All JDE.ini Pathcodes are set to PD810 which is valid on the system.

Any other suggestions?

Many thanks

This has to be due to account settings. Go to services, take the properties of JDE/PSFT service. under the logon tab, change it to the admin account which you are using. Specify this explicitly instead of using the "Local System Account" option. Hope this helps.

I have same sort of senario.
We are moving from One Server to the Otherone. We installed Visual studio, all the other required softwares, and then installed the Enterprise Server setup and then restored the complete directory from the Old server.
Port test fails. We are still using the old server maps(Old server still running) and also as security server. It was failing due to not able to connect. But not sure is it database connectivity or the NT Side connectivity.
Do we need to create teh Server map datasources before running the port tests? is it ok to use the existing different server maps?

Hi,

1. Yes, every server needs its own Server data sources,
doesn't matter if they're locally stored or on some
other box.
2. Have you checked your JDE.INI? Are all the entries
correct?

We are planning to just switch Enterprise servers. and keep the same name. But I was just testing to make sure everything works well, But I did not created the new datasources for the new server.

Back