Vertex database connections

• Thread starter brother_of_karamazov
  • Start date

brother_of_karamazov

Legendary Poster
I am watching a system that creates thousands of database connections over time for Vertex.

The connections open when the services are started and are not released. More database connections are created on a non-regular basis that seem to be (thanks Barry Knowles) related to the call object kernels.

Has anyone seen this or know why the callobject kernels do not close these Vertex-related connections?

Jeff,

We have these all the time even when the process has nothing to do with Vertex. For example, we run a manufacturing job and look at the job log and see Vertex database connections being created. We have not researched the reason why, but it is sure to be a system performance issue.

Please post anything you find out.

Danny McMillian
E811-AS/400

brother_of_karamazov <[email protected]> wrote:
I am watching a system that creates thousands of database connections over time for Vertex.

The connections open when the services are started and are not released. More database connections are created on a non-regular basis that seem to be (thanks Barry Knowles) related to the call object kernels.

Has anyone seen this or know why the callobject kernels do not close these Vertex-related connections? Brother Of Karamazov/Jeff Stevenson

[ QUOTE ]
Jeff,<br> <br> We have these all the time even when the process has nothing to do with Vertex. For example, we run a manufacturing job and look at the job log and see Vertex database connections being created. We have not researched the reason why, but it is sure to be a system performance issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember calling Vertex in regards to the Manufacturing jobs calling Vertex. It was explained to me that our Manufacturing UBE referenced F42 tables and that was the reason JDE referenced the Vertex DB. Then again, Vertex Support told me this so I don't know if it the truth or not.

Has anyone found any answers to this? We have the same issue, and have found that we are getting multiple connections per user for OneWorld sessions, with two additional for Vertex calls, per user. That is regardless of how we setup the connection to the Vertex owner in P7308. If we define the user to be the same as the default, we still get all the extra connections that do not close until the user logs out.

- Steve
App: XE SP23 M1/M2, Windows 2003, Oracle 9.2.0.8 client
DB: HP UX Oracle 10g RAC

Hi Steve,
So how did you fix it finally ?
because we are also seeing lot of inactive sessions on the database side for the vertex9 user ID. So we wanted to know how did you fix

Back