Create!Form Response Speed Across Continents

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

We have our Create!form server in the US, but have locations across Europe and Asia using the CF Plug In to merge JDE PDFs. These locations are indicating extremely slow response time for the CF merge to take place, up to 5 minutes for a single page document with nothing more than some lines and our logo on the CF output.

I am looking for other users that may be in a similar circumstance and some suggestions around this issue, in lieu of having another CF server box in those locations.

Thanks

CF 3.1, E1 8.10, Tools 8.94

Hi Pankaj. I can check with some of our Create!form customers and see if any of them have had similar experiences. In the meantime, a couple of questions:

- are the users in the other countries running the plug in via Citrix servers or a direct install of the plug in?
- do you have similar issues when printing for these locations, i.e., if they print from E1 for the merge does it take a long time?

Hi Michael,

Any feedback from any of your CF customers would be greatly appreciated. In response to your questions:

1. We are using a Web client, and all of our users have a direct install of the plug in on their local machines.

2. I do not believe so, but I will follow-up with them to ensure this is the case.

Thanks for your help.

Pankaj -

What is the response time if the plug-in is not involved?

It's possible that the logo (or something else in the Cform project) is causing the delay. What's the KB size of the logo attached to the form project? When the plug-in merge executes, it uses the *.hst_ps file for the logo/subform.

There is another idea is posted here >>>
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=createform&Number=118717&Forum=All_Forums&Words=plug-in&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=118717&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post118717

I haven't tried this solution directly but I've always liked it since it eliminates the requirement of having the plug-in installed, settings set correctly, the delay waiting for the merge to execute, etc.

Karen.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your response and the link; one of the things we were throwing around was printing directly from WSJ so we may purse this further.

The file with the logo is only 10K, so I don't think the size of the logo is the problem. Also, when users do not perform the merge, there is no noticeable delay in pulling up the PDF.

Thanks for your feedback,

Pankaj.

Back