Problems copying a file to AS400 IFS - Help me Please

rcandeo

Well Known Member
We are upgrading our AS400 from V4R5 to a new machine that has V5R4. One of our UBEs copies a file to IFS area through a CL. But this process is giving me an error in the new machine that I can't identify. It only occurs when the CL is called by the UBE, and if call the CL on the comand line is copies without error.
Anyone has an idea to help me? This process is very important to us.
The comand is CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(PRODDTA/BANCO) TOSTMF(&PATH) MBROPT(*REPLACE) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
The erros is:
10 -- Function sequence error.
Message . . . . : No records copied from file BANCO in PRODDTA.
Cause . . . . . : No records were copied from member or label BANCO in file BANCO in library PRODDTA because the from-file member or label did not contain records or records did not meet the selection requirements.

Thank You.

I'm not 100% certain, but you might get this error if you specify *REPLACE for MBROPT and the to-file is empty.

Then again, the problem may be your service pack level.

It's not problem with empty file, since it works when running it directly, instead submiting by an UBE. And I have the right service pack level on the server.
Thank You

rcandeo,
Ensure that the library where this file is defined is part of the library list in the JDE env. user profile. The JDE userid might not be viewing this library or might not have access or permission to this library.

Thanks,
Chan

Chan, I´ve tried putting the library in the user library list but it didn't work anyway.
Thank You.
Robson

Are you sure that the RCDDLM is *CRLF? Maybe *LF? When you make a major l eap like you have the former version (V4R5) might not have been as sensitiv e as the most current version (V5R4) when it comes to command defaults. Us e F4 and review all the defaults and make sure your file(s) meet those defa ults. Example:

String delimiter . . . . . . . . STRDLM '"' This is the defaul t and I'm betting you are not using quote delimited data, probably should b e *none but I'm just guessing since I don't know your file. Again, review all the defaults to be sure they apply and get specific for those that don' t.

Also, since it's mentioning the member not containing records make sure the member name is really the same as the file name since you are not being sp ecific to the member level.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of rcandeo
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 8:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Problems copying a file to AS400 IFS - Help me Please

We are upgrading our AS400 from V4R5 to a new machine that has V5R4. One of our UBEs copies a file to IFS area through a CL. But this process is givin g me an error in the new machine that I can't identify. It only occurs when the CL is called by the UBE, and if call the CL on the comand line is copi es without error.
Anyone has an idea to help me? This process is very important to us.
The comand is CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(PRODDTA/BANCO) TOSTMF(&PATH) MBROPT(*REPLA CE) RCDDLM(*CRLF)
The erros is:
10 -- Function sequence error.
Message . . . . : No records copied from file BANCO in PRODDTA.
Cause . . . . . : No records were copied from member or label BANCO in file BANCO in library PRODDTA because the from-file member or label did not con tain records or records did not meet the selection requirements.

Thank You.

Robson Cand=EAo Placas do Paran=E1 - Brazil Xe, SP20, Update7, AS400.

Back