Security Server Error

ARucker

I am receiving an "unable to send message to security server" error when logging in on a fat client. I have double-checked my client jde.ini settings and also made sure a security kernel was running on the logic server. I also turned debugging on the logic server and don't see any error with the security kernel.

I am able to log in when I remove the security server from the client jde.ini.

This is a new multi-foundation setup on TR 8.96 3.0 on 8.9. Win2003 Svr, MSSQL 2000

Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this?

I will attach the client jde.ini, client jde.log, client jdedebug.log, and logic server jde.ini.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 130951-jde.zip
    18.3 KB · Views: 116
Not sure if this matters, but in your client jde.ini in the JDENET section you have a 1 instead of a closing bracket

[JDENET1
serviceNameListen=6111
serviceNameConnect=6111
maxKernelRanges=27
netTrace=0

Looks like this definetly mattered. I corrected this and am able to log in now. Thank you very much.

I am also unable to run UBE on the logic server. I thought this security server problem was causing it, but I guess not.

I am able to run a UBE locally, but when I run it to the server nothing happens. The client flashes 'launching UBE job on <logic server>', but the job never seems to run on the server. There is no record in WSJ and nothing in the PrintQueue folder.

The debug logs on the logic server have no reference to the job being submitted and no errors in the jdedebug.log.

Any ideas? Thanks again...

Will you show us the jde.log file from the client you launch the UBE from.

Attached is the jde.log.

Wow, I think I looked everywhere but the client jde.log. I researched the error shown here and realized I needed to setup a job queue for the new 6111 multifoundation port.

I set this up thorugh P986130 and am now able to submit and run UBEs to the logic server. Sorry to jump the gun on posting...

It's a good note to add to the multi-foundation setup information out there.

Thanks

Attachments

• 130989-jde.log.txt
    854 bytes · Views: 264
Back