Few Questions!

Report_Writer

Hello,
I am new to create form software and have few questions. Would appreciate if anyone can answer them.
1.Is it possible to replace a document with a different one once you start development?
2. If a form is missing a subform (logo.frm and logo.hst_ps, is it possible to attach a new one and
3. When I try saving the form, I am getting an error saying 'Invalid of corrupted input file'. Why is that?
4.each time I open a .FPJ2 file, I am getting an error saying 'Create FormOW.jobOptions' file cannot be saved to 'Adobe\AdobePDF\Settings' and asking me to shut down all Acrobat Products, however I am not running any Acrobat Products.
5.Can the create form out put be viewed directly from jde 8.12? If yes, what setup is required.

Would appreciate feed backs/answers.

JDE 8.12, Createform!designer 3.2, Director 6

some thoughts and answers to your questions:

1. If you mean can you change the input (source) PDF file in the designrer the answer is yes ... you can go to Project / Select Input File and choose a different input file. By default it will look in your form project directory but you can also look elsewhere by choosing to browse. If you were asking a different question then please post the clarified question.
2. Yes you can replace a missing subform ... how depends on why teh form is missing. If you just want to use a different one, you can double click on the subform object and select a different one. If you do want to use the one that is referenced, and are missing it, you can recreate it.
3. Not sure why this might be happening ... might be tied to the next item.
4. You should be running Adobe Acrobat (either standard or professional) along with Create!form - this is the distilling engine (and also what is normally used to preview the project, which is a VERY good idea to do.
5. The output from JDE can be viewed with a merge with a Create!form project is you are using the Acrobat plug in for EnterpriseOne. This allows you to click on the View PDF option and have the output merged with the appropriate CRF project.

Since Michael have answered most of them i am trying the third one. I use to receive this error when you open the JDE report pdf and do a Save AS and try to save it in CF directory. Just do a Copy & Paste of report and it will be ok.

Thanks,
Chan

Back