View, terminate or hold jobs run locally

kitsants

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to view, terminate, or hold jobs that you run locally (processing option is set to run locally)on EnterpriseOne 8.12 ? When I go to Work with Servers, I can only see my Enterprise Server's datasource but not my local datasource and can't seem to see any option to view those jobs which I run on my fat client locally.

Thanks in advance,

Kit

Hi Kit,

Your users shouldn't be running any job locally, E812 is
supposed to run every job on the server (except for ESUs
install, Package build and a few other technicalities
you launch from the Deployment).
WSJ is designed to work with SERVER jobs, that's why
you can't see or kill any local job. It would be nice
to have a WLJ tool (Work with Laptop Jobs) but, alas!
it doesn't exist.
So, in a few words, you'll have to kill them manually
by logging to the workstation, CTRL-ALT-DEL, select
the UBE process and kill it.
Once again, I strongly recommend you to avoid running
any local E812 job unless it's some of the local tasks
I mentioned before.

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your prompt response. Actually, my users are not running the jobs locally, it is I who, at times run reports locally like for example building/rebuilding Cross Reference Facility Table, and other reports which takes time to run.

But anyways, I can't agree more when you mentioned about the WLJ tool (cool name eh!), it would be very handy if there is such but it's unfortunate that there is none. I guess I should settle for the Ctrl + Alt + Del for now.
smile.gif

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.
smile.gif

Kit

HI,

when we are Running on the FAT Client(locally) we can see DataSource related to DV(development) ..DataSource in DV is for minimum Testing by the developer ,in server we will get production datasource ....from server we can't get the DV DataSource

Back