Migrate from A7.3cum 16 to Eone-8.12

• Thread starter Davidlivingston
  • Start date

Davidlivingston

Hi All,
Please let me know whether its possible to do direct Migration from A7.3 cum 16 to Eone-8.12?
We dont have any earlier Xe Instance.

I've done a World to 812 Migration every 2 months for the last year (that would be 6 in the last year).

World A73 CUME 16 is not "supported" for the Direct Migration Process.

From JDE --> "The last JD Edwards World cumulative update that can be used for direct migration is A73 CU 15."

Only CUME 9 to CUME 15 are supported for Direct Migration.

Now if you are on CUME 16 you may still get this to work. The reason that CUME 16 is not supported is that some of the table formats changed on CUME 16 and JDE did not update the conversion routines. So depending on which modules that you are running the conversion may or may not work.

If you are on CUME 16 and you want to go Directly to World then contact the World Support Team in Denver and they WILL help you detemine if you cn go direct or not.

Colin

Thanks Colin for your inputs.,
I'd appreciate too if you let me know any steps for transverse from cum16 to cum 15 layout.

I got the infor on CUME 16 not being Direct Migration supported when I was in Denver for the 812 Partner/Employee training and the person that leads the World group gave a presentation on the process and explained the issues with CUME 16. She mentioned her name but I didn't write it down and it wasn't on the agenda but she indicated to call the World GSC if this issue ever came up.

Colin

[ QUOTE ]
I've done a World to 812 Migration every 2 months for the last year (that would be 6 in the last year).

World A73 CUME 16 is not "supported" for the Direct Migration Process.

From JDE --> "The last JD Edwards World cumulative update that can be used for direct migration is A73 CU 15."

Only CUME 9 to CUME 15 are supported for Direct Migration.

Now if you are on CUME 16 you may still get this to work. The reason that CUME 16 is not supported is that some of the table formats changed on CUME 16 and JDE did not update the conversion routines. So depending on which modules that you are running the conversion may or may not work.

If you are on CUME 16 and you want to go Directly to World then contact the World Support Team in Denver and they WILL help you detemine if you cn go direct or not.

Colin

[/ QUOTE ]

Colin,

Can you share more information for Direct migration since you seem to have a rich experience on this

1. Did any of these migrations involve DBMS change also ie moving from DB2/400 to say Oracle ? Is it possible or is direct migration strictly limited to As/400 - As/400

2. Is there any guide availble on this from Oracle in terms of steps to take ?

3. lastly, by any chance do u have some document you have prepared from your field experience on these activitys related to tips and lessons learned etc

-Thanks

Direct migrations are strictly limited to the AS/400 as are coexistent migration beacuse 1/2 the steps run in World and the other 1/2 run in E1 so it has to be done on an AS/400.

However, after the upgrade you can just set things up to quickly copy things to another platform.

I've done this at one location with the other platform being Windows/SQl Server (platform and DBMS really don't matter).

I'd recommend that if this is your first time doing this then don't complicate your life by trying to do too much at the same time.

Lots and lots of guides from Oracle. There is a specific updated duige called 'Direction Migration to 812'. You'll also need the AS/400 812 Install Guide, the 812 AS/400 Upgrade guide, The HTML WebServer Install Guide, The Server Manager Install Guide, etc The list goes on and on so there is not A to Z guide with everything you need to know.

As for documentation I have truckloads of custom whitepaper. Alas, details can only be shared with customers or trader for a pound of flesh. I can share whatever hasn't been marked proprietary

Send me an email with your coordinates. And I'll send you my basic presentation I do at conferences. It's big so I can't post it here.

Colin

Back