Can C!F v2.7 support Thai language?

WingWan

I like to know if anyone has experience to implement Thai language using v2.7. Thanks.

I have worked with a system running Create!form v2.7 on an NT server that uses a double-byte font (Japanese). It's installed, configured and working for printed output only. Forms cannot fax or email with the Japanese font (this could be a limitation of how the font was implemented in their Cform environment).

In addition, it is my understanding that memory had to be added to their PostScript printers. The way that they are set up, the printer has to be initialized (the font downloaded to the printers memory) in order for forms to print correctly.

Attached is a "Fonts and Languages" document for Cform v2.7 from the Create!form KnowledgeLink website. It doesn't discuss Thai specifically but maybe what's outlined will apply for Thai also.

Best of luck -

Karen.

Attachments

• 130660-Fonts_and_Languages.pdf
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,993
Thanks for your response Karen. We implemented Korean language last year and I have to call C!F support to give me the Double Byte fonts which include Korean, Chinese & Japanese. I also have to set the C!F writer (on the iseries) to the corresponding DBCS encoding in order to it to print and Thai is not one of the choice for DBCS encoding. According to C!F support they said v2.7 does not support Thai but they may have a work around. I just want to find out is there anyone that may already have the work around solution while I am still waiting for them.
Also, according to support, v6.1/v6.2 supposedly have a better capability to support different language and we may have to go that route to resolve the Thai issue.
Another side issue. I don't know why ever since I reinstall my C!F designer to another PC (and also apply SP2) and I can no longer able to preview my Korean project. The Adobe distiller (v5.0) has the DB language installed. Just wonder it has anything to do with the SP2, any comment?
Thanks.
Wing Wan

Has anyone found the solution ? We faced the same problem.
Thai is unreadble when print data from AS400 on Create!Form. We would appriciate if someone can help.

Thanks

We finally received the correct font file (dbtt.fnt_ps) from C!F support and you can contact them for detail. Also, in order to print the variable text correctly, you need to set the code page translation correctly from the CF server writer. Set ASCII code page to 874 and EBCDIC to 838. Some of the fix text still not printing quit right but I get around by scan the text in as image.

Back