CNC Help Needed - Package Build - Internal Error Message Received

michael.lukatchik

All,

The Package Build and Deploy process goes well until it's time to deploy to the Enterprise One server.

Usually, when deploying TAM Specs to the Enterprise One server, you receive a PDF indicating that the deploy was a "Success". However, I've been receiving a PDF indicating that the deploy has encountered an "Internal Error".

Upon further inspection, the Server Build Log indicates the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initialize detail structure and working folders on server.
-Initializing internal structures for server AS/400.
-Message received from server.
-Server initialized.
-Detail server structure initialized.
-Setting up server AS/400 for server package deploy.
-Sending lock message to server.
-spkgeng.c:1189 PKGENG0026 ERROR: Failed to get lock on server AS/400.
-spkgeng.c:568 PKGENG0016 ERROR: Failed to deploy server package.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again, the Package is successfully built for client and server, it has successfully been deployed to all FAT Clients, but errors out when it's time to deploy to the Enterprise One server.

Any thoughts on this?

Your input is greatly appreciated!!!

TIA
Mike

Hi,

Check that no UBEs are running on the Enterprise Server
when you deploy your package.
Check also that there are no backup jobs trying to
lock the pathcode libraries and ifs folders.

Thanks, Sebastian.

We closely watch our "Work Submitted Jobs" and AS/400 kernels before deploying. Our practice is that no jobs should be running in JDE and all kernels on the AS/400 should be running at 4% or less.

It appears as though we had a good window for deployment but I will follow up on your answer.

Thanks,
Mike

Are you trying to deploy an update package ? Is the related full package installed on the Server (and the last installed package in that pathcode?). Perhaps it is time for a full package deployment ?

Also, try just stopping and restarting services on the enterprise server before you deploy - sometimes that fixes this issue (the package deployment kernel bombs out)

Jon,

This is an update package. Our lead CNC recently built Full Builds for our environments, so we're squared away in that area...

The services on our Enterprise One box are restarted on a nightly basis. Our lead CNC had an idea that the Package Deploy kernels may have bombed out, and your follow-up post suggests this, also.

Once our services are restarted tonight I'll be trying a re-deploy of our Update Packages.

I'll check back here for anyone else who's been following the post.

Thanks,
Mike

All,

After letting the services on the Enterprise One server restart, I was successfully able to deploy the TAM Specs for all update packages.

Hope this helps you,

Mike

Glad to hear restarting services helped. Always the first thing to try (if the car doesn't start, remove the key, get out, lock the doors and try again !!!!!)

Though this will not pertain specifically to this issue, sometimes I see this error when I have two foundations being serviced by the deployment server. If I am logged into the PRD port and try to deploy to DEV, I get this error. I just go switch the port so the right set of services is being used and that will take care of it.

Good to hear it was even easier than that for you.

Back