Page break on CF

Chan Rana

Chan Rana

Legendary Poster
Hi All,
I just started venturing into CF need some more understanding on level breaks and page breaks beofre i dig into manuals and research if anybody out there can share their skills.
I am designing some financials reports using CF 3.0 and are working fine only problem is when i use repaginate option in report properties it merges multiple pages lines into max lines it can fit on CF.
Is there a way i can tell CF to start on new page when a level header section comes in pdf. so far it just prints anywhere in page.
I tried to remove repagination option but this leaves a lot of blank lines on page in CF output.

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,

Hello Chan,

Here’s my 2¢...

Level breaks in Cform Designer specifically refer to when you have a table defined in the form project. In a Cform, project tables can be used “group” detail lines together. With a table in your Cform project you can then define level breaks. That gives you the ability to sort/group within the table to get things like subtotals that may not exist in the PDF generated by EnterpriseOne.

By default Cform designer will create form projects with repagination enabled. To make it work correctly you need to define Sets in the form project (when page number = 1, transaction number changes, etc.).

When you say “… so far it just prints anywhere in page.” tells me you don’t have all the pieces of Cform repagination in place. Typically, this is what I do;
1. Start new form project, by default repagination is enabled.
2. Select Set > Properties and define what starts a new set (page number = 1, transaction number changes, etc.).
3. When you enable/define sets you will get two new form project sections (tabs along the bottom of the screen) – Set Header and Set Footer.
a) Move all objects in the section that contains the data used to define when a new set occurs (i.e. when you want a new page to start) to the section Set Header.
b) Set Footers usually contain data that always occurs at the end of a document (i.e. totals, etc.) but in my experience, they are not as essential to define correctly as the Set Header.

Hope this helps!

Karen Swaeby

Karen,
Thanks for your response. I will try to dig into the Table in CF, i think i can use it sometime.
The problem is i have a media object field in the report whose length is 256 chars and it can have variable length in report. in pdf it wraps into multiple lines under the columns making the pdf with only some number of records per page in create forms i can make it float around the pages but i am not able to page break when say a new account starts and it merges the next account records into the previous page if there is space.
I could not find yet if the account header section is executed it needs to start on new page(not set as it will start a complete new set of page nos.). On pdf i have it starting on new page but since the repagination is set on it just paste it where the last record ends.
If this can trigger your thoughts.

Thanks,

When you say “…it merges the next account records into the previous page if there is space.” It sounds like what’s happening is that “Sets” are not defined correctly in the Cform project. If you display the Set Properties dialog what does it say for how sets are defined?

In your input file (the PDF generated from JDE and attached to your Cform project) what unique “thing” happens when a new account starts (page numbering starts at 1, transaction number changes, account number changes, customer changes, etc.)? You can use the View > Input Window option in Cform Designer to look at the JDE PDF file as an unchanged PDF file.

Karen.

Karen,
Sorry for the late reply but there is nothing no change happening on account break only that it should start from new page and the account should be printed in header of each page. Currently i think i did it by taking off repagination and then using source in header i got the account info to print on header.

Thanks for you help.

Back