IBM WebSphere Admin Client jars

mtrottier

Well Known Member
Can someone send post the link to where I can download the IBM WebSphere Admin Client jars that Server Manager needs to manage websphere.

Below is the message from Server Manager:
IBM WebSphere Admin Client jars needed for operation were not found. For WAS 6.0.x, they must be obtained from IBM via the WebSphere Application Client (6.1 or latest) download. The jars are platform agnostic so choose any download. For example, in a Windows download they are located as follows: AppClient\client.adminThinClient.pak\com.ibm.ws.admin.client_6.1.0.jar, AppClient\client.commonClient.common.pak\com.ibm.ws.security.crypto_6.1.0.jar, and JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\java\jre\lib\ext\ibmkeycert.jar (ibmkeycert.jar is not required for iSeries). Upload the jars into your Management Console's components directory via "WebSphere Admin Client Tasks" and come back to this page. The jars will be pulled to the Management Agent managing this WAS 6.0.x instance. A restart of your agent managing this WAS 6.0.x instance will be required. See Server Manager documentation for more detailed information.

Jar Location = E:\JDE_HOME\lib; Jars Required = com.ibm.ws.admin.client_6.1.0.jar, com.ibm.ws.security.crypto_6.1.0.jar, ibmkeycert.jar

There is no link!

What I did was install WAS 6.1 on a workstation and then grab the JARS to put onto my server.

Very silly but it's what I had to do.

I'll see if I can locate the jars.

I'm running WAS 6.0.2.7 so your copy won't do me any good.
I will need to install it on one of my clients but I don't know what product has the files.
What did you install?
Websphere Express?

Resolved.
I downloaded was 6.1 from IBM and pulled the files from there

Thanks

Back