Redirect tmp acrobat location on Unix platform

sputnik

Gents,

I'm trying to redirect the temporary acrobat files on HP Itanium from the "/tmp" to an other location (for monitoring and purge purpose) but no luck so far. Tried to add the new location (which was created on UX with the correct permissions for jde812 user) in the jde.ini (section JDENET, netTemporaryDir=/ap01/JDEdwards/AcrobatTmp) and to modify the ".profile" file with the new location for the tmp folder. Both solutions are not working. Does anyone has experience with this topic?

Thanks in advance!

Adrian

Try setting the TMPDIR environment variable before bringing up services. This is where the UNIX apis tmpnam() and family get the temp location from. I've been told the PDF stuff is made by a 3rd party library that the EOne code uses, so it might work if that code uses that set of APIs.

Oh, and let us know if it works.
smile.gif

Seg,

it still takes the default /tmp location. I have a call with JDE support open for this case but no luck so far. Any additional ideas are welcome!

cheers,

Adrian

This may not be the same for 8.12, or for HPUX, but in Xe on AIX it puts in whatever $TEMP is set to for the jdeb7333 user.

When I was trying to find this out in the early days of Xe I had this conversation with someone at the support line:

Me: "How does it decide where the Acrobat temporary files go when a UBE is running?"

Support guy: "They go on your C: drive."

Me: "This is AIX."

Him: "Yeah, so, go to your C: drive..."

Works the same in HPUX: export the user's TEMP variable to the desired path.

Back