UBE's and CSV Format

brianalv

UBE\'s and CSV Format

We recently went live with 8.12 (Tools 8.96.10) on an iSeries platform.
When a user submits a UBE with the CSV option selected, when the UBE finishes and user clicks "View CSV", the Excel returns a "Invalid Format" error and user need to go thru the import wizard to format the file as a comma delimited. It should automatically open in excel already formatted.
Is this an .ini setting that needs to be properly set? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: UBE\'s and CSV Format

Try adding this new registry to the client workstation. Retrieve a JDE EnterpriseOne report in .csv format. See attached.
Windows: Administrator login
Start->Run->regedit => Windows Registry change:
Navigate to > HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\MIME\Database\Content Type\
Add new key> application/csv
Add string value> Extension
Modify data> .csv

Attachments

• 129944-MIME.gif
    129944-MIME.gif
    30.3 KB · Views: 148

Hi Brian,

Maybe you can try to play with variant settings of the fllowing in jde.ini:

[UBE]
prtCSVExtension=.csv
prtCSVSeparator=,

Hopefully this way your issue will be resolved.

By my experience, many times very hard job to make .CSV to work perfectly and almost each time the solution is different.

As I had seen, many JDE and Operating system setting affects together to result (you know, I am work mostly for Hungarian clients):
- the mentioned jde.ini settings
- the national version of the operating system (Englis, French, Hungarian, etc.)
- the regional settings in the operating system
- the national version of Excel (or Office) e.g. Enlglish, French, Hungarian, etc.

At our clients there is Englis OpSys with Hungarian Excel as well Hungarian Excel and English OpSys and almost all of the combination.

Regards,

Zoltán

RE: UBE\'s and CSV Format

Hello Brian,

I think we've been there, give this a try;
P93081 - Work with Flat File Encoding... Add the UBE/Version in the followi ng fields;

User Class/Group
Environment
Program ID
Version
Encoding Name

Here's one example;
*PUBLIC
*ALL
R5542855
OPS55001
CP1252

Don't forget to activate it since if I remember correctly it defaults to in active. Once we added our apps here that needed CSV formatting worked.

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of brianalv
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:44 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: UBE's and CSV Format

We recently went live with 8.12 (Tools 8.96.10) on an iSeries platform.
When a user submits a UBE with the CSV option selected, when the UBE finish es and user clicks "View CSV", the Excel returns a "Invalid Format" error a nd user need to go thru the import wizard to format the file as a comma del imited. It should automatically open in excel already formatted.
Is this an .ini setting that needs to be properly set? Any help would be ap preciated. Thanks.

Re: RE: UBE\'s and CSV Format

I think Darrell's nailed it. By default, in the 89 releases, CSV files are in Unicode (UTF-16 I think) and Excel won't import that correctly as a CSV. Other Unicode aware apps I have don't seem to have a problem with it, so I think it is a Microsoft bug personally.

RE: RE: UBE\'s and CSV Format

Actually one of my coworkers 'Nailed it'... Me, I'm just a plagiarizer from way back...

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On B ehalf Of Segfault
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:14 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: RE: UBE's and CSV Format

I think Darrell's nailed it. By default, in the 89 releases, CSV files are in Unicode (UTF-16 I think) and Excel won't import that correctly as a CSV. Other Unicode aware apps I have don't seem to have a problem with it, so I think it is a Microsoft bug personally.

--seg

hi,
If this problem comes on web client ?????????????????

i think that's not a solution..........

P93081 is the solution - even for Web Client.

Note - depending on the language packs being used (character languages), you
need to go a step further and change the language pack within Office

(db)

--

Back