Merging JDE PDF w/Create Form - Sporadic Behaviour

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Looking for guidance on the following:

1. Generated JDE PDF on Fat Client.

2. Opened PDF. Can view this in local JDE PrintQueue Directory

3. Click on CF Merge Icon in Adobe, and notice it creates file in PrintQueue\CFOWMergeTemp Directory, and I am able to see CF overlay.

4. Generate Same PDF at a later time, but this time it does not perform step 3 properly. 0 byte file.

Any thoughts on why this may be occurring or how to troubleshoot?

Thanks

That does sound odd...

The first thing I would try to do is eliminate Cform from the equation. Are you sure that the PDF generated by E1 is valid/correct? Can you view PDF without letting the Cform plug-in merge a form project?

Is there a log file from the plug-in somewhere that possibly tells why the plug-in merge is not working correctly?

Karen.

Couple of questions:

Was step 4 performed on the same PC as steps 1, 2 and 3?

Was the PDF generated locally or on the server? Both times?

Do you have UBEPrintDataItems=1 in the [UBE] stanza of your JDE.INI on all of the clients you're testing on, and on the enterprise server?

The Create!Form plug-in creates a log file that might be of some use, probably located under:

C:\Documents and Settings\youruserid\Local Settings\Temp\CFOWMergeTemp\youruseridPLUGIN.log.

Alsso click on Ceratform toolbar and click settings and check where your form directory is set to this should be where your CF forms are. If this is ok then check if there forms for this pdf are existing in the same directory and working.

Hope this helps

Hi, I was just wondering if you ever figured out the cause of this problem and what you did to get it to work. We're currently experiencing the same problem where the merge occurs intermittently.

Any insights will be very helpful.

Thanks,

Back