XE Deployment Server on VM

Arie

Arie

Hi,

Today we try to move our deployment server to a VM E.S.X 3.0.2 environment. After that, I ran an update package for a new F55 table, and received the following error on jde.log

PKG008101 - Cannot get 'BuildMachine' value from the server inf file, \\DENVEROW\B7333\DV7333\package\DV733302\AS400V5R3M0\MPI400.INF.
or \\DENVEROW\B7333\DV7333\package\DV733302\AS400V5R3M0\COMPRESS.INF Check path to package on the deployment server and make sure file is there.

1612/1236 Fri Feb 08 14:56:49 2008 spkginit.c887
PKG0002310 - Unable to complete deployment of package. Check Path to package on deployment server.

After I deploy the update package to client machine, I try to open it in UTB, the table is build. Anyone running VM for deployment server ever had the same error ?

Greatly appreciate any help. Thank you.

Arie

Did you change the name of the Deployment Server as part of the move?

Hi,

Have you created the B7333 share on your new Deployment
and gave everyone read/write share access?

Hi Larry and Sebastian,

Before we move the deployment server to VM, we create an exact image of the deployment server. So, naming of deployment server and share access to B7333 is the same with the old deployment server.

Arie

I got all sorts of querky errors when we imaged our deployment server to ESX. In the end I built up a new machine, then followed the documented process for moving the deployment server to new hardware. All problems went away at that point. We have since done an upgrade to 8.10 on the ESX Deployment Server, no problems.
cool.gif

Hi Malcolm,

Glad to hear that you've been successfully use deployment server on VM. Do you think you'd be able to share that document ? Thank you.

Arie

I only have a hard copy, but it should be on the knowledge jungle as OTI-99-0057 or I think Solution ID 200783220. The only gotcha I found was to ensure that the to C++ was the same as the old server in the environment variables.

Back