Changing Processing Options on Web

Dennis Kühl

Hi,

When a user changes the Processing Options of a version on the web, the system saves the new PO's. How can I (CNC) change this behaviour? I'd like the system to use the new PO's only once and keep the PO's that where defined in the version as default.
Locking up the version via security seems not to be a solution, because the PO's could not be changed then at all.

We are using E1 8.11SP1, ToolsRelease 8.96.1.5

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
Dennis

Sorry to say, but this falls into the infamous category "Functions as designed."

The usual workaround is to lock your version with version security, or processing option security, and let the user copy your version and modify their own as necessary.

Has anybody come up with a more creative solution?

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry to say, but this falls into the infamous category "Functions as designed."

The usual workaround is to lock your version with version security, or processing option security, and let the user copy your version and modify their own as necessary.

Has anybody come up with a more creative solution?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope this is what I suggest. Create Mult. versions and crank up the version security. With Workbench security you could hide menu items so it looks to each user there is only one menu items. I only let Managers change processing options, for senerios where different depts need different version I just make more versions. But I work in a small shop.

Back