ESU JK14530

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Has anyone on 8.12 TR 8.96.1 taken ESU JK14530, I was instructed by Oracle to take this ESU, it is a technical baseline ESU that they said I was missing. I had an issues with some DD items missing and they said that I needed this Baseline ESU to get the system up to Technical MTR. Well I took said ESU and not all of my OMW buttons are invisible in the path codes where the package was Deployed. They said to replace the res folder well I did and it did not work. In PY all is fine because the ESU package was not taken and on the DEV machines that did not take the package OMW is fine.

Has anyone see this or taken this ESU.

confused.gif

Hi,

Have you ran your ESU thru an RDP session or locally
(on the Deployment console)?
I had the same problem with another Planner ESU after
running it from an RDP session. Problem was solved
after re-running the ESU locally on the Deployment
console.

When you take this ESU, it should also have been recommended to you to take the current Planner ESU to go with it. Right now, that would be JK14990. Make sure you follow the Special Instructions, but not the ones relating to new 8.97 functionality.

Sebastian, yes I ran it via RDP because my servers is not at the location I am at.....this is not good news, I take it I will have to travel to apply an ESU...that is awesome
frown.gif

Hi,

Before you jump into the plane or the car, I'd like to
tell you that (in my humble experience) MS NetMeeting
and DameWare seem to be more reliable than MS RDP to
install ESUs.

Thanks for the heads up...this is the first time if that is the cause that I have had issue with RDP...I am working with my IT to give me HP LightOut so that I can access all the E1 server console...The thing is I don't know which ESU created the issues because I took JK14530 and JK14990, but my money is on JK14530 because it touched a lot of objects and I did use change assistant to apply it...maybe there was an issue there. I have a ticket open with Oracle but no word yet.

I installed JK14530 and the latest planner ESU and 8.97.02 all remotely using RDP.

I've done this now at 3 different installs

Yes there were a few issues but most of them are well known to GSC.

Colin

Also, if using RDP to install - I would do console mode with the switch /console. we have found some things worked with the /console, where they didn't if you just did a normal RDP session..

Soul Glo,

Sebastian is right about Remote Desktop. I have just spent 4 hours fighting with planner ESU JK14990. I have used RDP (using the /console parameter) on multiple occasions for installations and upgrades without issues... that is until today. Luckily I am on site...

I reinstalled the planner ESU from the server console and the issues have gone away.

I've been using DameWare for a few years without one essue - I used it for 8.11 installation and setup (Planner ESU, Installation Plann, Workbench, baseline ESUs etc.) Confirm it is OK.

You need just one client licence, no matter how many servers you will connect to - I recommened it as a acctually working tool for remote access, there should be no essues when using it, since you are cosidered to be locally loged on.

RDP cussed me problems as well on a few occasions.

Back