Create Type Definition from a BusinessView Object

Xavier Echeverria

We have developed a business function that uses .h header file generated from a customized business view V57XXXX (Create type Definition Option), the .h header file is BV57XXX.h, everything is working fine at local, but there are critical issues when we try to compile update and full packages to Enterprise Server because of we need to copy it to the include directory inside the package. Is there any way to avoid this manual copy in order to get include automatically this file inside the package like E0810 or latest version currently do it?

Our Oracle JDEdwards version is OneWorld XE 7.333 The enterprise server is UNIX and Development Server is WINDOWS.

Thanks in Advance.

This post probably belongs on the developer forum but since I was lurking and saw it here, I will go ahead and answer.

There is no real good solution in Xe that I have found, you will always have problems with builds. This is what I have started:

I created a dummy BSFN. Anytime I need to open a view in C code I copy the generated header file contents to the dummy BSFN .h file and include the dummy BSFN .h file in any custom BSFN that use JDB_OpenView. That way, I know if I change a view, my one extra step is to copy the new view .h file into the dummy BSFN file and recompile everything. I also have started doing this for PO templates so that when a template changes I only have to go to one file to paste in the new struct, then recompile everything.

So to summarize:
I have one dummy bsfn for views and one for proc option templates. I store ALL view structs and all proc option structs in these two .h files and simply include that .h file in any BSFN that needs the view or po struct.

Back