W2's

Pat_H

W2\'s

Hello everyone, can anyone think of a reason why I shouldn't use Create Form for W2's created in JDE? Currently we update the layout in the UBE and print them on pre-printed forms. Seems like a waste of money. I don't see any posts in here about the subject. Is anyone using CF for this purpose? Thanks.

Re: W2\'s

We use CF to print our W-2's. We get the template file from them and modify it to add local information. We print the 4-part forms, but we still have to buy forms that are blank on the front and have the instructions to the employee on the back.

Pam, thanks for the reply. Who are you referring to when you say you get the template from "them"?

Hello -

We ran 2007 W2's through our Cform software today. We use Cform to print W2's 4-up on pre-printed/perforated paper. The text that the IRS requires is pre-printed on the back of the paper, Cform prints everything on the front of the paper.

We are running JDEdwards World A9.1 (AS/400 spool files) and Cform Server v6.2. I contacted Bottomline and they supplied me with a form project for W2's. They had templates for my version of Cform so they should have templates for E1 output also. I couldn't use what they provided without modifications because 1) the data mapping did not match the spool file generated from A9.1 and 2) the layout of the form did not match the window envelops we had on hand from last year.

If you already invested in Cform as your document output management solution, there's really no reason not to use it for W2's. The Cform software could also do the IRS text on the back of the paper if you wanted but that would require a printer that can duplex (the template supplied to me by Bottomline did not include this text).

When I called Bottomline I didn't know who to call so I just called their support line. They put me in contact with Sue Valiquet ([email protected]) that emailed me the form project templates.

Hope this helps -

Karen.

Karen/Pam, thanks for the excellent advice. I will contact bottomline today.

Back