How to integrate Create!forms with Xe

prudhvi

Hi All,
I have installed create!forms in my machine. I could not able to see preview of report pdf from create!form designer. I hope create!form is not configured with JDE.
Please help me out in installation and configuration with JDE.

Thanks in advance
Anupama

Anupama –

You will need to enable meta-data output for the PDF’s created by JDE. I don’t have the documentation in front of me right now but I think it’s a change to the JDE.INI file on the Enterprise server where the job runs (you might have to stop and start services also). If you’re running the job locally on a fat client then the JDE.INI file needs to be changed there also. Have you done this? If the PDF is from a job that was run before that change then you'll need to run the job again so that a new PDF is generated.

Do you have a form project for this PDF already? If you open your form project and try to attach it to the PDF in question, does it open the PDF or do you get error messages?

Cform needs the original internal meta-data structure of the PDF file generated by JDE. If you’ve opened the PDF in Acrobat and then used File > SaveAs to save a copy, Acrobat has rewritten the internal structure of the PDF file and it won’t work with Cform.

Hope this helps –

Karen.

As Karen suggests, and assuming we understand your problem, you need to add the following line to the [UBE] stanza of your JDE.INI on your enterprise server, and in your users' JDE.INI files also:

UBEPrintDataItems=1

Back