XE and Citrix

gregglarkin

gregglarkin

Legendary Poster
List,

I have a question for the EOne XE customers who use Citrix. What version of Citrix do you use? Version 3, 4, 4.5?

As a bonus question, if you use MS SQL, what version? Any brave souls using XE and SQL 2005 yet?

Lastly, does anyone know what is the Oracle blessed release of Citrix for an XE customer?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

I have implemented all citrix versions with Xe/ERP8.0. I don't think there is a "blessed" version of citrix due to Oracle viewing citrix as a competitor (why ?!) - but if you want to implement 4.5, then you shouldn't have any issues - it works - I helped implement it at a customer at the end of last year.

As for SQL2005 - I can tell you that it IS a lot faster with certain SQL statements. Especially repetitive SQL. You're going to see less blocking across the board and a little faster building packages and accessing the BLOB's. I can't tell you how much faster (usually the companies upgrade their DB hardware at the same time) - but rest assured you'll find SQL2005 to be a better database engine - just in time for SQL2008 (!!!!).

This may be some what off subject, but on the JDE MTR site it says that support for SQL Server 2000 will end in April of this year. Is that refering to Microsoft's support of the product or Oracle's support of installations using SQL 2000? I can see not supporting any new release levels of JDE using SQL 2000 that come out after April '08 but I find it hard to believe that they would not support anyone using it for currently supported releases.

I think that the end of SQL2000 support is a push from Microsoft - not from JDE/Oracle - but this will force Microsoft customers to upgrade to SQL2005.

Jon,

Are you saying that PS 4.5 works with Xe? Without problems? Seriously? Be still my beating heart . . .

We are now testing Citrix PS 4.5 on Xe. Issues mostly on pdf printing that we need to go back to Acrobat Reader 6. Some printers need to be mapped explicitly and temporarily removed restrictions on bandwidth on pdf files.

Back