Tools Release 8.97.0.2 - Enterprise Server not shutting down properly

DSauve

DSauve

Legendary Poster
We're trying to upgrade our Tools Release to 8.97.0.2, and when we shutdown the Enterprise Server service (on a Win2003 server), one of the jdenet processes (the Management Server) is left running as an orphaned process. Has anyone else run into this problem or found a solution?

Don,

Did you install 8.97 via Server Manager? When I did this I found that Server Manager had "helpfully" added keys into my JDE.INI for any setting that wasn't there. In my case SM had added a "startIPCKeyValue" under the JDEIPC section. The value it used for the key was null. This caused a similar behaviour to what you are describing:

[JDEIPC]
ipcTrace=0
maxNumberOfResources=2000
maxNumberOfSemaphores=1000
startIPCKeyValue=
avgResourceNameLength=40

I simply added a value to the key and the problem went away.

Of course your situation may be totally different. Does anything jump out at you in the kernel jde.logs?

Justin,

Yes, we installed 8.97 using Server Manager -- that's the only way (or at least that's what Oracle tells you) from 8.97 onward. Yes, SM put tons of new entries in our JDE.INI file, too. However, the [JDEIPC] section already had a startIPCKeyValue value, and no other entries popped out as likely offenders.

I have a call open with Oracle support, but no telling how long that may take to get a resolution :)

This has been reported to Oracle and SAR 8722665 opened. The issue affects Windows platforms only and is present only in 8.97.0.2. Earlier releases do not have the problem.

SA Dev,

Thanks for the confirmation of this error. I'll pass it onto the Oracle support rep working on my case.

Back