Bind process adding subdirectory to output directory - how do I stop directory name change

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
Bind process adding subdirectory to output directory - how do I stop directory name change

Has anyone come across the Bind process appending a sub-directory to your output file and if so how did you correct the problem to stop it from happening?

See the attached pictorial diagram of my bind process.

The bind directory should be copying the text file to
D:\ARStmntAudit_Output
but the bind directory is copying the file to the follwing directory during the bind process.
D:\ARStmntAudit_Output\ARStmntAuditBind\RunNumber

Before I added the "RunNumber" the Bind process was copying my text file output to the following directory:
D:\ARStmntAudit_Output\ARStmntAuditBind\

How do I stop the bind process from appending the additional sub-directory to my output file directory.

You will see highlighted in Green what I asked Bind to do but that is NOT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 128949-Bind Defn.jpg
    128949-Bind Defn.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 161
Re: Bind process adding subdirectory to output directory - how do I stop directory name change

AS it turns out this is the way the bind process works. The bind process adds the sub-directory. What I did to get around the problem where I was sending the file back to folder monitor is that when I bind my data I send the file directly out to another director queue to be processed.

I use the print job ticket template to write the project to be processed in my trigger file then I have the bind write the trigger file out when it binds.

Once I did this everything worked fine.

Back