MTR - WAS 6.1 and Network Deployment

lemieux

Hello,

We are currently on WAS 6.0 on iseries and are looking to upgrade to WAS 6.1 on iseries.

I’ve looked at the WAS MTR’s for iseries and after reviewing them (and Note 8) it is not clear whether or not Network Deployment is an MTR for WAS 6.1 or not.

I have been told that ND is an MTR for WAS 6.1 and I’ve also been told that WAS 6.1 Base edition (which is the environment we are currently using with WAS 6.0) could be used with WAS 6.1 without Network Deployment!!

Anybody have OS/400 V5R4 with TR 8.97 and WAS 6.1 installed without ND?

Thanks,

Michael

Network Deployment is not needed if you are only installing a single instance for one environment.

Network Deployment is used for balancing between multiple instances of a JVM that handle one environment.

We are going to be upgrading our Websphere. I can't find the 6.1 Base on the Oracle eDelivery site so I assume I just have to go with 6.1 ND?

Grant

Same problem here. In the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Tools Release 8.97 HTML Web Server Reference Guide it says you can install just the application server component and skip the ND parts from the 6.1 ND CDs you download.

I was told by Oracle themselves to use the Network Deployment available on eDelivery:

[ QUOTE ]
Please be advised that WebSphere® Application Server 6.1 - Network Deployment V6.1 for Windows 32-bit is only available on edelivery.com . There is only one CD for both Standalone/ ND install.

The WebSphere 6.1 Network Deployment CD may be used to install WebSphere Application Server for a base or standalone configuration. During the installation, you would get options to install standalone/ND. On the WebSphere Application Server Environments, select "Application Server" to create a standalone application server profile and then click the Next button. Application Server environment will create a default stand-alone application server called AppSrv01
during the installation. The steps are given in JAS/ WAS 6.1 install guide. You can refer the guide as per your Platform.

There is Supplement CD just below this CD image on edelivery.com. This Supplement CD is required for installation of IHS (IBM HTTP Server 6.1) and Plugins for WAS. Please Refer the Sections for installation of IHS and Plugins in JAS Guide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though, if you're running Windows 2003 SP2, I've run into issues with the install, but that's a different topic...

>>The WebSphere 6.1 Network Deployment CD may be used
>>to install WebSphere Application Server for a base or
>>standalone configuration. During the installation, you
>>would get options to install standalone/ND.

Thanks. Looks like ND it is.

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody have OS/400 V5R4 with TR 8.97 and WAS 6.1 installed without ND?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the process on upgrading also however I will be using ND on Windows 2003 Ent. edition servers, what issues did you have with the install.

Back