Creating a Disater Recovery System

JoeUSB

Can anyone tell me the best way to set-up a Disaster Recovery stystem. We currently run ERP 8.0 with a UDB DB2 Unix Database, unix Enterprise server and windows Citrix server and Web servers. The issue we're having is that we have all seperate servers for the DR system, but since JDE database names and ent server names are needed for datasources and system maps we don't know how to make these changes when restoring the Database. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
JoeUSB

Hi Joe,

I think it will be hard to say "the best way". As always it depends what you are trying to achieve with the DR side, how much money are you willing to spend and which platform are you running on. You can have a very simple "DR solution" with configuring a secondary DB system or configuring cold standby servers. If the business on your side requires more you can work with clustering and database replication.

A good start is to ask the business on your side regarding the recommendations and needs. Let me know if you have further questions. I can send you our DR design (running on HP UX Itanium, E1 812 TR 1.5, Oracle RAC 10gR2.)

btw: you can use SQL scripts in order to change the names on DB and server level.

Hope this helps a bit....

cheers,

Adrian

Hi Adrian

We are investigating a DR site for JDE at present.

Would you be able to send me a copy of your DR design and any other documentation?

Regards
Brian

XE Update 7 SP23, Oracle 9.2.0.6

Hi Adrian,

We are also in the same queue, We are planning for a DR, Would you be able to send me a copy of your DR design and any other documentation. My mail ID is

Thanks,
Nagarajan

Need your help in DR Setup

Hi Adrian,

We have planned for DR setup, Would you be able to send me a copy of your DR design and any other documentation?

Thanks,
Nagarajan RV

Hi Joe,

I think it will be hard to say "the best way". As always it depends what you are trying to achieve with the DR side, how much money are you willing to spend and which platform are you running on. You can have a very simple "DR solution" with configuring a secondary DB system or configuring cold standby servers. If the business on your side requires more you can work with clustering and database replication.

A good start is to ask the business on your side regarding the recommendations and needs. Let me know if you have further questions. I can send you our DR design (running on HP UX Itanium, E1 812 TR 1.5, Oracle RAC 10gR2.)

btw: you can use SQL scripts in order to change the names on DB and server level.

Hope this helps a bit....

cheers,

Adrian

Back