Cform Server v6.2 - Advice on configuration of NT Server

KSwaeby

KSwaeby

Reputable Poster
I am preparing to migrate all forms printing from Create!print v5.5 AS/400 to Create!form v6.2 running on an NT Server. I’m concerned with the reliability and performance of running all Cform print jobs through an NT server and looking for information specific to how best to configure the Cform Server.

What I’ve got so far is;
1. Set the advanced properties of every printer to “Spool print documents…” and “Print after last page spooled”.

2. Change the location of the location of the Spool folder to a drive not used by the operating system.

I’ve started doing some research and found a couple articles relating to print server performance on the Microsoft TechNet site; “Factors Influencing Print Server Performance” and “Increasing the Efficiency of the Printing Environment”. Looking for anyone in the JDEList community that can offer advice on configuring the Cform Server for performance and reliability.

Thanks!

Karen.

PS - I don't have all the server details at hand right now but I do know that it's running Windows 2003 Server.

We have over 100 locations printing thousands of documents daily through a windows 2000 server and its fine. We are currently in the process of upgrading to Windows 2003 server. The r2 print features are very cool and worth checking out.

Back