Modeless in HTML

BBritain

VIP Member
I am looking at both a custom (totally new, not just modified) and a stock (unmodified) Find/Browse form which calls a Fix/Inspect form Modelessly.

In fat client running either Find/Browse form and calling the Fix/Inspect form, I get the expected Previous and Next buttons.

In html client I only see the Previous and Next buttons for the stock program.

I have looked everywhere I can think of to determine any differences and can't find any (other than the obvious different bsvws/fields) that would lead me to getting the Previous/Next buttons on my custom application.

I am running this in Xe AS400 server. Any thoughts are welcome.

Ben again, Xe AS400

Oh, I am a developer and not a CNCer, in case that matters.

As per JDE:

The Previous and Next arrows display on the Links toolbar on a form when the form is called from a parent application through a Modeless Form Interconnect in Form Design Aid. For example, in the Address Book application(P01012)/form W01012B Work with Addresses, in the event rule (ER) of the row exit A/B Revision or Select button, when you double-click on the ER line [Call(App:p01012,Form:W01012A)], the Modeless checkbox is On under Form Interconnect. The Previous and Next arrows are added at runtime on the Links toolbar when the form interconnect in the application is run; they do not exist in the specifications of the application.

Also in Xe, I believe the "HTML Auto Refresh(Legacy)" check box has to be unchecked, in the Form properties.

Thanks,
Matt

Well, I'm not having any luck here. I have looked at P01012 to see how that set of forms is set up. I have also gone through many iterations of whether the calling form versus the called form should have the HTML Auto Refresh checked. I have changed the F/B grid to be multi-select and back to see if that will affect things. And I have messed with the parameters arrows to see if Input only versus bi-directional will get the darn Previous and Next buttons to show up in HTML. No luck, any other ideas?

Ben again,

Well, we have a definitive solution and thanks to pfd for his tremendous help.

First, I would like to restate the problem and then the solution.

The problem is that I was hooking up a Fix/Inspect from a Find/Browse and selecting the modeless option. When run on Fat client, getting to the F/I we could see the Previous/Next buttons but couldn't when run on html.

The solution was that when one form calls another form in html, the modeless options is totally disregarded, EXCEPT when it is the primary form calling the secondary form. All subsequent forms will inherit this mode.

In my case, I had Form A which called Form B which called Form C. In my case, I failed to identify the Form A (Find/Browse) calling the Form B (another Find/Browse identified in the original post), and therefore omitted a crucial piece of information that I thought was irrelevant.

Thanks for your time,
Ben again,

Back