How to regenerate XML spec objects?

kiran g

kiran g

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I need to regenerate the XML spec for all the tables,views present in DV812 environment for JDE OneWorld 8.12. I went through documentation but did not find any section which explains about generating XML spec and configuring server to refer newly generated spec.

Can someone provide me pointers on which document I should refer or detailed steps to regenerate the XML spec and to configure JDE server for XML spec?

Please help me on this as I am not able to use XML interoperability option to connect to JDE server.

Thanks in advance,
Kiran

Are you refering to regenerating your serialized object? If so the JAS install guide has a section toward the end on how to do that.

I am not referring to java serialized spec objects generated using eGenerator application...for accessing data from JDE database tables and views, JDE provides XML apis like XMLList in Java (i.e. XMLRequest)...in order to use these XML APIs XML spec objects needs to be generated for each environment..you can find these objects under \JDEdwards\E812\DDP\PY812\SPEC folder.

We created some custom tables for which we need to generate XML spec so that we can access them using XMLList apis.

Hi,

I understand you want to refresh object specs locally
on servers and workstations.
If that's the case, then you'll need to build a full
DV package and deploy it on your machines (servers
and developer workstations).

Back