E1 PeopleBooks Search Error

klwong

Legendary Poster
Tried searching, but nobody has talked about this lately, so here goes:

Has anyone had an error with the PeopleBooks search functionality, even after generating the collection data?

I've installed the native Tomcat, with both Implementation and Tools PeopleBooks for E812. I've moved the psjniverity.dll file up one directory level. I've modified the path to include the Verity bin directory. I've gone through the whole procedure to generate the search collection data. I've restarted everything.

I still get a "No topics found!" and "Query syntax error!" when I do a search.

The only thing I can see that is a little out of whack is that the collection.bif file is not in the coll directory (I copied it over manually), and the file size is 11.5 MB. I think it's supposed to be larger than that, but I don't have anything to compare it against right now.

Anybody have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Would be interested in the fix as well, we get the same error.

"No topics found!" and "Query syntax error!"

Assuming you did everything properly
There is a work around:
I had the same issue once. Tried everything; the search generation worked everywhere but this one particular server. Oracle helpdesk couldn't help.
At the end we generated the search on another computer and copied the folders to the server. The search started working.

After not hearing back from Oracle tech support for 1.5 weeks, I did try this suggestion, and it worked. Thanks! Fortunately, I have my lab server where I was able to generate the search info just fine.

All the KG documents that I could find say that you can't generate PeopleBooks search from IE7. I think that's not telling the whole story, because I did try generating it from a workstation with IE6, and still no luck.

I think the key is that the server can't have IE7 on it. My lab server was still at IE6, and generated the information correctly. The client's server was on IE7, and wouldn't finish the search generation no matter what IE version I used on the PC.

Hi Ken,

I can confirm that... [ QUOTE ]
...the key is that the server can't have IE7 on it.

[/ QUOTE ] I uninstalled IE7 from the PSOL server, rebooted it which left IE6, reran the index build through IE7, IE6, and Firefox. All produced a working search index.

Back