Standalone v8.12 error

striker

The solution explorer comes up and I am able to use the fat client. When I try to use the EnterpriseOne menu, the browser opens and I get this message.

"An unknown JAS sign in error occurred. Please contact the System Administrator"

The Oracle App server is running when I look at (http://localhost:8888/)

Is it possible to use only the fat client and disable the browser version on the standalone? I have used previous versions till 8.9. So i am new with this version.

attached Installation steps and jde logs

Attachments

• 128258-logs & Install steps.txt
    3 KB · Views: 411
Versions from 8.11 and up require the HTML client to use the applications. The fat client is only available for development purposes.

That said, it would appear you have a problem with the App Server contacting the database. Do you have the proper JDBC drivers, and are they in the right directory (\E812\system\oc4j\j2ee\home\applib)? Also, did you create the proper ODBC entry?

P.S. It is possible to do what you ask, but you would be going through a lot more trouble than trying to get StandAlone to work correctly in the first place. Besides, you would be running E812 in a manner that nobody else would be running it, which would skew any troubleshooting efforts.

[ QUOTE ]

Also, did you create the proper ODBC entry?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not create the ODBC.. maybe this is the problem.

There are 2 DSN entries in the system DSN
InstallAddUser (SQLserver) and Oneworld ODA (Jde Oneworld ODA)

Do I need to add any other ODBC setting?

- regarding the JDBC drivers, I put the jar file (SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Service Pack 2) in the \E812\system\oc4j\j2ee\home\applib directory.

On page 18 of the revised E812 StandAlone Installation document (page 22 of the Word file), it talks about creating an ODBC data source called "EnterpriseOne Local". You use the normal SQL Server ODBC driver, pointing to (local)\JDELocal, and using Windows authentication.

Also, the MS SQL Server JDBC driver is 3 .jar files: msbase.jar, mssqlserver.jar, and msutil.jar. Hopefully, you have all 3 in that directory.

It works!! really appreciate your help Ken.

regarding the 'E812 StandAlone Installation document'
where do I find it? Is it on the knowledge Garden?

I basically installed the trial standonline version, & dont have access to the Knowledge Garden..

Yes, it is on the KG. If I get some time, I can try to summarize as there are a few people lately who have expressed trouble with getting StandAlone installed.

OK, some time available while waiting for an install to finish ... This is a summary of the E812 StandAlone Installation document, revised October 2006.

1) MTR for E812 StandAlone: Acrobat 4 or higher, MDAC 2.71 or higher, MS Visual Studio .NET 2003, and Sun Java JDK 1.4.2. Double check that your iteration of the software still has these requirements.
2) All previoius releases of E1 should be uninstalled (or maybe SNAPSHOT out of the way).
3) Download (or however you got a hold of it) and unZip the software.
4) Set up using InstallManager.exe, and do the Base Components first.
5) Copy the JDBJ.INI file from BaseComponents\Client to \E812\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes. If the file already exists, overwrite it with the one from BaseComponents\Client.
6) Now install the Data Components.
7) Create an ODBC entry called "EnterpriseOne Local" using the SQL Server driver, and pointing to (local)\JDELocal. You should use Windows authentication.
8) Verify that your JDBJ.INI has the [JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE] section set for "System Local", databaseType=N, database=EnterpriseOne Local, and physicalDatabase=JDESY812.
9) Also check that [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE] points to "Local - DEMO Specs" with the same databaseType and database. The physicalDatabase=SPEC_MASTER, however.
10) Also verify that the Oracle and SQL Server JDBC driver lines are active.
11) Verify that your JDE.INI file, [DB System Settings] section, has a line for Database=EnterpriseOne Local, and that the [LOCALWEB] section has Spec Datasource=Local - DEMO Specs.
12) Get the MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC drivers (SP2 or higher) and run the installation routine. Copy the 3 .jar files to \E812\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applib.
13) Run REGEDIT, and locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JDEdwards\HTML WebServer. Check that the value for JDBCDrivers points to the directory where you copied the 3 .jar files for the MS SQL Server 2000 JDBC.
14) Download and install Sun Java JDK 1.4.2 or whatever version is currently required. When you run the installation, make your destination a temporary file location.
15) From your temporary JDK destination, copy the folders bin, include, jre, and lib to \E812\system\JDK.
16) This is the part where I don't understand how you can install this without having Oracle support of some kind. You now have to obtain and enter the Oracle SPC authorization code.

I hope this helps a few people.

Hi Ken...
Thanks for the tips..
I went thru your list and the installation document, however I am still getting the same error that was reported intially in this conversation.

Any other idea on what maybe the cause of this sign in problem or what else I need to check to solve the error..

Thanks again.

Denny Rosendo
Sr JDE Consultant
DigitPro A Grp, Inc

Do you show the same errors in your logs about not being able to connect to the database? If your JDBC files are in place, and the ODBC is there, then another possible problem might be that the MSDE SQL databases didn't mount properly.

If you have either SQL Enterprise Manager installed (SQL Server 2000 client tools) or SQL Server Management Studio (SQL Server 2005 client tools) installed, you could try running INSTCAT.SQL located in C:\WINDOWS\System32. This will catalog the mounted databases and ensure that they are visible to the system. This is sometimes a problem on recent Deployment Server installations. If you don't have either of those tools handy, you could also download the command-line SQL utility from Microsoft (OSQL).

Ken,

Thanks for posting this. I am still having trouble installing standalone on my pc. I get the Error Pop-up window (Setup, ! ok, cancel) immediately after I try to run Install Manager, E1 Install Base Components.

Can you explain how to verify the presence of these MTRs and where to get them:

MDAC 2.71 or higher, MS Visual Studio .NET 2003, and Sun Java JDK 1.4.2.

Thanks,

Will.

Will,

Are you still having issues with your Standalone install?

Feel free to holler - I've been recreating 8.12/8.97 standalones alot,
lately.

(db)
Daniel
[email protected]

--

Does the 8.97 install follow the same document of cryptic gnosticism?

My web server can't seem to be located.
mad.gif

Yes - it the install follows the same cryptical threads death that previous
Standalones have followed (you have to install third-party software in
non-default areas, then copy specific files back into the the E812 area and
tweak/validate registry settings)

SILLY, if you ask me (but, then, bOragacle isn't asking me)...

(db)

--

Ok, I got my problem figured out. It was the JDK. Using the smaller jre install isn't good enough.

Darren,

I guess the JDK 5 Update 14 download is working, finally? Java.Sun.Com was
really unfriendly the last few days. I had to find an EDU site that had it
for download :(

Have you had a chance to look at the Business Services Development, yet -
Somehow I need to get my arms around that and stop falling behind. If
anyone finds tutorials with BSSV, SOA and E1 - feel free to share the links!

(db)

--

Ken,

I am still having the same JAS error on login. Checked ODBC and JDK drivers - everything seems to be in place. Tried your suggestion to run INSTCAT.SQL but that doesn't run - it brings up Notepad and displays contents of INSTCAT.SQL file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Will.

Will/others,

Something I noticed between the 8.96 Standalone and the 8.97 standalone
instructions - one said to copy the JDK (yes JDK, not JRE) files to folder
8.12/System/JRE and the 8.97.Rev 3 said to put them in 8.12/System/JDK (I
placed mine in the JDK.

The JDK folder should have Subfolders: bin, include, jre and lib.

Just a difference between install notes I had noticed from an ancient copy
of 8.12 install instructions.

(db)

--

Hello striker...did ur problem resolved, if so then could u plz tell me the soln.
Thanks.

Back