How do I bulk populate Web Development Client's F989998 and F989999?

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
How do I bulk populate Web Development Client\'s F989998 and F989999?

With 8.96.21, the fat client now supports web development features, meaning if you make a change locally you can test it on the web immediately without having to rely on CNC to do a serialization. This means records are JITI'ed down to two SQL tables stored locally on the fat client machine, F989998 and F989999. This JITI addes much latency on applications initially, but once populated ther should be a great improvement. After a full package is deployed, these two tables are empty. As you move through the applications they will populate. The question is. how do I completely populate the F989998 and F989999 on the web development client workstation?

Re: How do I bulk populate Web Development Client\'s F989998 and F989999?

Hi,

you can use the copy table facilty in OMW to copy the F989998 & F989999 tables from Central Objects to your OneWorld Local specs for DV.

This is fine if you do not intend to generate with languages (well more than one at least) as this will break the size limitation.

Re: How do I bulk populate Web Development Client\'s F989998 and F989999?

You may be able to run the eGen process to populate those tables. In a standard installation, you would run the eGen process while logged into JPD811 (or whatever is equivilent). So instead, run it while logged into PD811 (non-J). That way the set of JAS files that the app is pointing to should be the local ones.

I'm not sure if this would work, but it could be very easily tested by just doing a few objects.

Have fun!

Back