What do GBRSPEC, BOBSPEC, etc., stand for?

drat19

We know that RDASPEC stands for Report Design Aid Specs, DDSPEC stands for Data Dictionary Specs, etc., but is there a list that tells what all the replicated objects spec filenames mean? I'm a 10-year CNC, and I don't think I've ever seen such a list, or if I did it was years and years and years ago, and I know there's some sort of historical explanation for these names. Customers always ask, and I'm tired of having to try to BS my way through an answer on it. (Betcha lots of others around here have had to do the same!)

To be clear, I know which CO tables each file correlates to (F98741 to GBRSPEC, etc.)...it's the NAMES of those files that I'd like to know about.

Thanks!!

This may be what you already have.....or it may help.

DDTABL F98710, Table Header. One record for each table.
DDCLMN F98711, Table Columns. One record for each column in a table.
DDPKEYH F98712, Primary Index Header. One record for each table
index.
DDPKEYD F98713, Primary Index Detail. One record for each column in
an index.
BOBSPEC F98720, Business View Specifications. One record for each
business view.
GBRLINK F98740, Event Rules Link. One record for each event that has
event rules for applications, reports, or tables (Named Event
Rule links are stored in the Business Function F9862).
GBRSPEC F98741, Event Rules Specifications. One record for each line
of event rules.
DSTMPL F98743, Data Structure Templates. One record for each
business function, processing option, form interconnection,
report interconnection data structures.
FDATEXT F98750, Form Design Aid text. Override text for applications.
FDASPEC F98751, Form Design Aid Specifications. One record for every
column, grid line, button, hyperitem, control, and so on, in the
application.
ASVRHDR F98752, FDA/SVR Header Information. One record for each
application (if the application has processing options, that
information is also stored in the record).
ASVRDTL F98753, FDA/SVR Detail Information. One record for each
form (includes references to the data structures).
RDATEXT F98760, Report Design Aid Text. Override text for batch
reports.
RDASPEC F98761, Report Design Aid Specifications. One record for each
section, column, sort, constant, and so on, in Batch Reports and
Versions.
JDEBLC F98762, Business Function Source Information. One record for
each function in BSFN.
CGTYPE Stored in specification format only. Code Generator Form
Types.
DDDICT: One record for
each Data Dictionary item
that has been just-in-time
installed
DDINDEX: obsolete in
B73.2 - indexes for
dictionary
DDTEXT: Data Dictionary
text

[ QUOTE ]
We know that RDASPEC stands for Report Design Aid Specs, DDSPEC stands for Data Dictionary Specs, etc., but is there a list that tells what all the replicated objects spec filenames mean? I'm a 10-year CNC, and I don't think I've ever seen such a list, or if I did it was years and years and years ago, and I know there's some sort of historical explanation for these names. Customers always ask, and I'm tired of having to try to BS my way through an answer on it. (Betcha lots of others around here have had to do the same!)

To be clear, I know which CO tables each file correlates to (F98741 to GBRSPEC, etc.)...it's the NAMES of those files that I'd like to know about.

Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate your willingness to help, sincerely. That info is very useful, and I'm well aware of that section of the Package Management guide, and it's pertinent to this thread for others here who may not already be aware of it, so it's good that you posted it.

However, let me state more clearly what I'm looking for:

What I'm looking for is the explanation (historical or otherwise) of the NAMES of those files. In other words, what does the "GBR" in GBRSPEC mean? What does the "BOB" in BOBSPEC mean? etc etc

Update: I also opened up an "informational" case with the Oracle GSC on this today, in the faint (I know, I know) hope that maybe someone there might have this in a cheat-sheet or old document somewhere. Support analyst who got my case (and experienced one with whom I have worked cases before) not only did not have it, but was unable/unwilling to proceed further to research it without proper justification beyond "idle curiosity". (Translation: She/they don't have the answer to this one, either!) Obviously I told her not to proceed further with this as it's not business-critical, merely informational.

I know SOMEONE around here will have "the list"....

GBR: Generated Business Rules

BOB: Business OBjects

That covers those two. Anyone else?

Back