Someone create an invoice in Crystal

arrozpegao

arrozpegao

Hi,
i need a version of R42565,but with logos, box, lines, etc....
I have crystal reports, but i not sure if i can use it for print a "beatiful" invoice.
is it possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yes, you most certainly can.

Crystal Enterprise does in fact have the logo capabilities, lines, shapes, colours, formatting, etc. that you would need to make a nice looking invoice.

Vince

ok,

Wich is the best way to do a invoice in Crystal??

must i rewrite all event rules (of R42565) in Crystal?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I guess I should have elaborated a bit more. Crystal reports is a 'read-only' report generator. You cannot simulate all event rules of R42565 because R42565 performs table I/O (order statuses, etc.). You would have to do a combination of running R42565 and then immediately followed by running the Crystal Report that will print your invoice.

But going back to your question about copying Event Rules, you will almost certainly have to bring over some of the logic - eg. calculating individual tax amounts, etc.

Note: from personal experience, although Crystal Reports can do the trick, a forms package such as Formscape is more commonplace, as you wouldn't have to re-invent the wheel. Formscape would simply look for tags on the PDF file and reformat it accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Vince

Back