Platform that is best for JDE 8.12 [h/w,OS,Database etc]

Aryan123

Aryan123

Well Known Member
Hi All,

Can any one suggest me the platform that is best for JDE 8.12 [for around 200 Users]
Plz -
Recommended Hardware/OS Platforms for 8.12
Recommended Backend Database for 8.12
Cost Estimates for 8.12
Reasons for recommending the platform for 8.12

If you have any good document/PPT for 8.12 besides KG PDF's then plz send me.

Thanks in Advance.

I think everyone would answer this with "IT DEPENDS"!!

You can't just look at what you're expecting now, you also have to look at the forseeable future. You say you'll have around 200 users, but what's the expected growth rate in the future? Who will be supporting it long term?

The best starting point in my opinion is to look at what expertise you have in house currently. For example, if you're primarily a SQL Server shop, then you probably would want to start looking in that direction if you're not wanting to add a lot of people for DB support. You can fine tune any of the major supported platforms to support what you need, but everyone is going to have a different opinion of what they would like to use based on their skill set and past experiences.

ok - refer to every article on the list that talks about "preferential treatment" of one platform over another.

You'll very quickly see that if anyone makes a specific recommendation, it'd generate a holy war on preferred platform choices.

The only RIGHT platform is the one you have experience in internally. If you are a Microsoft Windows shop - why purchase an AS/400 ? If you are an AS/400 shop why try and implement using Unix skills ?

As far as Performance is concerned - especially with the small number of users you're talking about - it doesn't really matter.

The only recommendation anyone can really make these days is the JAS server - its probably in your best interest to go with Oracle Application Server over Websphere, purely because its an Oracle internal product - though that argument is a LOT weaker as far as database is concerned.

If you need documents - feel free to visit my website and register, there are a ton of whitepapers in my "downloads" section.

Lastly, welcome to the list - but please, do your research before asking the generic questions !

Back