UTB/environment data security for developers

Geo Man

Hi,
How do we secure Universal Table Browser for different pathcodes? My rquirement is to restrict developers access only DV data; neither PY nor PD. Though the roles are defined for DV environment only, in UTB they can access data from alternate path. How to restrict that?

Thanks in advance,

Geo

What about using row security to stop the developers from seeing Business Data - CRP and Business Data - PROD?

Good choice! I was about to say that was hard to do. If you try that route, I would suggest row security on either F986101 (OCM), or F98611 (Data Sources).

Yes, you can create row security on the datasource file - but you might see a performance impact (since it will have to check security each time you access a datasource, ie for every read). Alternatively, you could always "force" it at the database level - ie, those developers that do not need access to PY or PD data - their sign-in "system" user could be restricted to only seeing DV data. That way, there wouldn't be a performance hit.

Thanks to all for your suggestions as well as the possible peformance issues. As I need to enforce this security, I'll have to choose either of the options.

Thanks & Regards,

Geo.

Back