What is largest input file size createform can handle

Cathy Wilbur

Well Known Member
Understand from TeamCain that the maximum page size CreateForm can handle is 1024 lines.

Does CreateForm has a maximum input file size...know Create!Form works with some large companies.....has anyone ever blown the input file size.

Reason we need to know is that we want to send all our statements in one large file. It will be up to 14000 statements in one XML file.

Has anyone had a problem with a maximum input size?

Cathy,

Your signature line indicates that you run Cform v3.2. I believe that version only supports PDF files generated from OW so your reference to printing XML from OW is confusing. Are you asking about the functionality of Cform v3.2 or something else?

On the surface it sounds like TeamCain may be referring to limitations for input file size of the Cform design tool, not limitations of the merge application for production printing. The Cform design application does have file size limitations since it directly relies on the memory of the workstation running the application. This in turn depends on the number of applications and files open at that time Cform designer is run.

Create!form has supported laser printers that print at speeds in excess of 200ppm (Xerox DocuTech) for a long time (since the mid-1990’s I think). Organizations usually invest in high speed laser printers because they have large print runs to process & print. With that said a print run of 14,000 statements sounds reasonable for Cform to process. What type/speed of printer are you going to use for printing that volume of pages?

I’m also assuming that the job will be routed to and processed by Create!form Server right? It’s possible TeamCain is referring to input file limitations when using the Acrobat Reader merge plug-in. If you’re processing the output from OW on a Create!form Server generally the Windows printer queue should be configured to “Start printing after last page is spooled” (option on the Advanced tab of printer properties).

Hope this helps!

Karen.

Just to endorse Karen's last point which isn't strictly about exceeding file size but bit us on larger files. If the spooler starts printing before it finishes spooling it can clear its "input buffer" before create!f finishes writing to that buffer. Result is half an output.

We will be using Director to process our XML files. We have both versions of Createform in production 3 and 6. We heavily use version 3 for ERP and version 6 for non-ERP applications. We are going to have a large XML file coming in with maybe 14000+ statements. The plan is to only print those statements that do not have an email address. I would say that 90% of those 14,000 statements will be emailed. We are hoping to print less that 50 statements. Since most statements will only be one page was wondering the maximum size of an input file.

Back