JDE Installation problems

JDE Techie

Hi,
We had a CNC Training here for which we were required to install the JDE Software( JDE ERP 8.0). During the installation, we needed to run some scripts (loadall,loadpd etc..)(These scripts load the specifications) .We ran these scripts on a Sun Solaris machine(Solaris 9) with Oracle 9i loaded in it.

While running the loadall script (which in turn creates those tables,17 tables total in each environment),it errors out in the fifth table F98720 and the errors are "IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file" and "IMP-00018: partial import of previous table completed".

Initially we suspected the dmp file( rdbspec.dmp) in the cd to be corrupt to get this error but even if we load our rdbspec.dmp(of our proj),it throws up the error because of which no environments are loaded and the installation has stopped.

When we looked at the causes of the error, we found out that the dmp file and the ftp are the normal causes.As mentioned earlier we already tried loading our project’s dmp file which also gave the error as well as tried ftp using the tools like CoreFtp etc but still this problem persists.

While loading the script for each environment separately,for PD,JD and DV,it errored out in F98720 while for PY it errored out in F98741.

When we tried running the scripts on Windows instead of Sun Solaris,there it ran properly.

Not able to determine what is the issue,can you advise?Is the issue with SunOS machine or something else?

Attaching the logs

Thanks
Josh

Attachments

• 127415-28novlog.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 85
Hi,

First, have you checked JDE's MTRs for your OS and DB?
JDE is quite tricky, specially if either your OS or DB
are not 100% compliant with JDE MTRs?
Nota bene : MTRs stands for Minimum Technical Requirements.

Second, I had this kind of problems with an UDB/DB2 on
AIX install for B8.9
Install scripts were obviously created for a Windows
machine, where the line terminator is CR+LF, while
AIX prefers a CR terminator instead.
After manually deleting all LF characters the script
ran successfully.
Regards,

The loadall script is usually ran on the deployment server - connected to the enterprise server (since the script is a DOS batch file). You might want to check your environment settings in oracle - make sure that everything is set up as the documentation suggests - and make sure that your database server isn't running out of swap space or something similar.

Hi Sebastian,
The JDE Version is ERP 8.0 and the Unix Solaris Version is Solaris 9.The database is Oracle 9i.I checked the MTRs and it looks fine.If the compatibility issue would have been there,then the first 4 tables also shouldn't have run.

When I try to run each environment separately,even then the script errors out in F98720.

As you mentioned,the issue mite be in the Oracle in Solaris but I have checked the parameters there and dont find anything odd.

If there are any other checklist do let me know.

Thanks
Josh

Hi,

Have you tried running the script from the Deployment server, as Jon Steel suggested?

Hi,
I am trying to run the scripts from Solaris machine having oracle 9.2.0.4.0 to see if it runs fine.

Earlier I had unsuccessfully tried to run it on Solaris Machine with Oracle 9.2.0.1.0.

I had a look at the MTRs and there it was mentioned that ERP 8 is supported from Oracle 9.2.0.4.0,so I think if it runs properly on the new machine,then the problem would be clear.....

But I am confused on one aspect....

If Oracle database compatibility was the issue,then how did the first four tables in the dmp file loaded through the script got created and populated properly and only the fifth table got into issues... in case of database incompatibility,none of the tables should have been created and populated...

Can anyone clarify/advise?

Thanks
Josh

Back