Unable to Log in to JDE E810. Security Error

cyberg

I'm unable to Log in to JDE E810.
After entering the USer Name and the Password (Environment & Roles already populated) ,
When I press ok, I get a messagebox:
"Unable to send message to Security Server", after pressing OK I get a second one:
"Failed to communicate with security server: Unable to Unable to send message to Security Server"
after pressing OK I get a third one:
"PeopleSoft could not sign on you. Make sure your User ID is correct and retype your Password."

If I press ok after returning to the login-dialog and retyped the password the system hangs (an empty second windows is opened in the background).

I saw a similar post for E8.11 and tried the solution suggested, but the Max NUmber of Processes for Security Kernel was already set to 10 and the autostart was set to 5 on the ini file for the Logic server. The Deployment Server was already restarted and the client was restarted too. So I'm not sure what is causing this. Please let me know the Solution to this issue.
Thanks in advance

JD Edwards Enterprise One E810 SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003.

Attachments

• 127402-Error Screenshot 12-02-2007.doc
    91.5 KB · Views: 103
The Security Server that your client is communicating with is the JDE services running on an Enterprise or Logic server.

Look at your Enterprise Server, look at Task Manager, and check to see if you have any jdenet_k processes running. Alternately, you could go to Control Panel-Administrative Tools-Services, and see if you have a service like PSFT E810 or JDE E810 started.

Ken,

Thanks for the response. Actually some of the kernels were hung up and it did not restart after manually terminating them.The PSFT B9 Service was stopped and restarted , but did not fix it. So I had to reboot my Deployment Server and Logic Server in Sequence. This started off the Kernels correctly and everything looked fine after that.

Thanks.

I am on 8.10 and have found when stopping/starting PSFT Services, you need to delete all jde* processes from Task Manager prior to restarting the PSFT Services. If you only deleted some, that was the problem. that is why rebooting fixed it. Just be sure to always delete jde* processes in between stopping and starting and you should not have a problem. Can be a pain but it is the only way short of reboot that has worked for me now (3 years).

Gary,
Thanks for the Tip. Next time I Stop/Start Services, I'll double check to see if all the jde* services are deleted from the Task Manager.

Thanks,
Cyberg

Back