EnterpriseOne 8.12 Installation

Mo Sid

Hello,

I am interested in setting up a full JDE EnterpriseOne 8.12 environment on my laptop (Windows Vista 32 bit OS). I have noticed that JDE EnterpriseOne 8.12 is available for download from http://edelivery.oracle.com

I am still relatively a beginner to the wonderful world of JDE so I am very confused as to download which one of the many available packages on that site to set up a a full JDE EnterpriseOne 8.12 environment on my laptop.

I would appreciate if some kind soul can give me insight here to whether do I download JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 Standalone package or do I download the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 Deployment Server and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 8.12 Enterprise Server Windows packages.

Also, I do not have any JDE EnterpriseOne 8.12 installation documentation and nor I was not able to find it online so would it be possible for somebody to post JDE EnterpriseOne 8.12 installation document available from PeopleSoft Customer Connection on this forum?

Help would be highly appreciated on this topic and I thank all of you wonderful people for making this forum a great resource for the online JDE community.

I don't believe you'll be able to install anything to your laptop. The StandAlone version is what you would normally need, but the database it installs works on the MSDE, and there is a known incompatibility between MSDE and Vista.

Thanks for the reply Ken.

I did recognize that the database associated with the StandAlone version is MS SQL and it has compatibility issues with Vista. So I proceeded with installing Deployment Server and Enterprise Server packages. I was able to do this installation successfully since I had Oracle 10g database installed on my laptop.

I checked the Oracle website and was not able to find any documentation on configuring JDE EnterpriseOne 8.12 Deployment and Enterprise Servers with Oracle 10g database. Does anybody here has an insight on how this could be done and would like to share their knowledge? Specifically, I am looking for information on how to associate Oracle DB with JDE E1 and create JDE E1 user on Oracle DB. Hopefully someone can find documentation on this and share it. Help will be highly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Stupid Question - did you purchase a license for this? Last time I checked, JDE is not freeware. This forum is not a hacker forum, it is a peer to peer forum for licensed users of JDE. Posting a question to a very public forum about software that you probably do not have a right to use is not a career enhancing move.

If you have a legal right to the software, then I assume that you have a support contract with Oracle, then you could look to them for guidence and you have my apology.

FYI for those that might be interested - this is a quote from Oracle's website:

"If you believe that Oracle software or documentation is being copied, sold or distributed without licenses or permission from Oracle, please contact the Legal Department at [email protected]." Since I have the utmost respect for this forum, this thread has been emailed to the above addess.

The full installation documentation for E812 is readily available in the Knowledge Garden. You can log in here: https://www.peoplesoft.com/corp/en/login.jsp

It has never been recommended to install both deployment and enterprise pieces on a single machine. These days, there are actually 3 required pieces, since in order to run anything, you'll need a JAS server as well.

So hopefully, you've got at least 4 GB of RAM on that laptop, lots of patience (as that configuration will be extremely slow), and a legal license.

First of all thanks to Ken for his professional reply to a valid question. Your help and support was highly appreciated.

Greg, it is quite unintelligent of you to come out and label a valid question as stupid without doing due diligence. To clarify your concerns, you should be informed that JDE is available as a TRIAL download from Oracle E Delivery site, and it is quite humiliating and downright embarrassing that you aren't aware of this being actively involved with JDE. So as a friendly advice, I urge you to consider doing proper investigation and update your outdated knowledge before posting your thoughts without thinking about them. Peace!!

Hello Mo,

StandAlone Package is a fully operative DEMO version,
it allows you to learn and test most (if not all)
JDE modules from the analyst and developer point of view.

From the technical point of view, it's a local setup with
local databases and resources, so you won't learn too
much other than quite basic CNC stuff.

If you're a beginner, then I recommend you to start
with this Standalone package, it'll give you your
first experience on the JDE field, which is not as
trivial as it sounds.

If my memory doesn't fail, the Standalone package comes
with all the installation manuals.

Deployment, Enterprise and JAS packages are used to
install a "live" installation, so you need at least 3
servers : Deployment is your JDE source repository,
Enterprise stores your JDE data and apps executables,
and finally JAS servers provide users a Web interface.

"Live" servers installation manuals are downloaded
from somewhere in the Knowledge Jungle (in Oracle's site).

As far as I know, you can install them all on a single
machine but performance will be atrocious, even if you
use a beefy laptop for your tests.

These servers will compete each other for disk, RAM
and CPU resources so you'll end up with long delays
and very slow response.

As many other members remarked, please contact Oracle
for any licensing and legal requirements before launching
your installation.

Regards and welcome into this fascinating JDE adventure,

Back