Unable to see the packages while XE fat client installation.

indra

Hello,

I am unable to see any packages when i try to install the XE fat client. I could see the balank screen. This was working fine till last week. I tried to install the fat client on different machine but i couldnt see the Packages for selection. Please see the attached screenshot for better clarity. Anykind of help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Indrasena Reddy

Attachments

• 127248-Package Selection.doc
    109.5 KB · Views: 98
Hi,

We also faced this type of problem in E812.
solution:
Map the drive of deployment server with the name of the deployment server name not IP.
and click on Filters OFF and select the full or update ,then see.
and Windows firewall to be OFF
EX: correct way : \\deployment\E812
don't map a drive like \\192.168.1.54\e812
hope this will work.

Penchal.M

1. Check deployment server to see if package folders are there.
2. Check Package_inf folder to see if inf files are there
3. Check you can see packages via Assembly & Deployment applications.
3. Click on the Filters button and make sure all boxes are checked.
4. Alt+S should show any packages not active.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Click on the Filters button, then select the pathcodes
you'd like to install (PD, PY, DV, etc) and the kind
of packages (full/update).

On the deployment server in the Package.inf folder, open the .inf file for the package you want to appear. Make sure the DeploymentStatus=Approved.

Patty

Hello,

Yes, I am unable to see the package which i want to install in "Package_inf" folder. I am not sure whether the files are deleted. please let me know how to get back the packages in the specified path.

Thanks
Indra

We have been on Xe since 2001 and this is the 1st time i have this problem, funny thing is after i deployed the pkg i had installed on one fat client for testing and after a few days i went to install the pkg on another PC and it disappears together with all the other pkgs which were previously built and installed. By the way it only happens for DV pkgs. I can see the PD and PY pkgs. ALT_S showed me the planner pkgs.
all the .infs on the deployment server seems to look OK.

We are on Xe SP 23_K1 update 7 and using DB2/400
I had also posted this issue on the developers section
Not sure if there is an easy way to resolve this issue. I was asked to remove all infs from pkg inf on deployment server and copy in another location than copy one by one to see which one is causing the problem. I have quite a few update pkgs.
thanks
devki

Back