High Availability / Fail Over Solutions

cjw423

I am looking into options for HA / Fail Over for a Wintel MS SQL Server 2005 environment. Has anyone used a product named Double-Take before? If so, was it with JDE Servers or not and what version of JDE?

Thanks in advance.

A client of mine had Double Take set up as their Disaster Recovery solution. They were on ERP 8, SQL Server 2000, and Citrix as their remote client. They had Double Take performing replication on the SQL database, and other files that changed during the course of package builds, etc.

They had their Production data and System database replicated, along with the JDE objects on the Production Enterprise Server and Deployment Server. The DV and PY data and objects were on a different server, and were not part of the DR as it was considered non-crucial.

Thanks for the reply. We did a demo / proof of concept with Double-Take and we were extremely impressed. What we liked best was when we made the fail over happen the new server came up with the IP address and name without any intervention on our part. Very nice. I would recommend anyone look at and consider it.

Back