ESU Special Instructions - Table Generation - Create Table Failed

DEddy

I am installing an ESU as a prerequisite for the year end ESUs. One of the special instructions is to generate table F060117A. I am logged onto Deployment server in my PY environment. When I click on generate table button in OMW, I get error Create Table Failed.
Have submitted a case and have been searching for some clues, but nothing yet.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

To generate the table you need a copy of the table specs in the pathcode for the environment that you are logged into.

You should really go to a development fat client and find the ESU project (automatically created by the process), then find the table and then add yourself either a developer or administrator.

Once you have the right priviliges then highlight the table in the project and use the get icon to retrieve the table specs from Central Objects (of you have not already built a package for the ESU and deployed it to that workstation).

Once you have the specs locally then you can do the table generation to the database data source(s).

You really should not be doing this from the deployment server as even if you have built an update package the specs in the pathcode are not updated by the update package (unlike the business function components that are copied back up from the package to the pathcode at the end of the build), so the specs in the pathcode on the deployment server will invariably always be out of date.

Thank you for your reply. It turned out to be as simple as checking out the object. Since this is my first experience with this and the instructions were not clear, a lot of time wasted. Live and learn. Thanks again.

Back