Import Grid Data Thru Excel

ASHIM_Lakhpat

I am trying to import data in the grid through "Import Grid Data" Functionality by specifying an excel file and giving the range of coulmns. (All this in 8.12). Once i specify the file location and the column range i click preview. This shows all the imported data in the preview mode but when i click continue the screen goes blank. Can any one tell me why this is happening. This is the case case when i import 1 line or 100 line.

Thanks in advance

HI ASHIM

please check for the layout of the date in which format it is there in the grid and in which format you are importing from excel.

e.g in the grid it is like 21-11-07
but from excel you are importing in 22/11/2007

than this will show import in the preview but will not import into the JDE finally.

i hope this will solve your problem.

with regards
Jitender
smile.gif
smile.gif

Something else to look at. We had an earlier issue where all of the active-x controls were not installed on the web server. If an active-x control is called (but missing) the screen will just go blank and you will sit. The problem was two-fold. The users are not admin's to the web server, and the prompting for active-x controls was turned off. Thus, the users were never prompted (or if they were, not allowed) to install the active-x control.

The fix was easy enough, you can go onto the web server as an admin and then click the required functionalities and install the required active-x controls.

After we did this, the imports worked, media object upload, etc.

At least worth a look..

John

Back