Deployment Server Manager Console is not detecting AS400 Agent

penchal

Hi all,

I am having a bit of an issue with Server Manager.
We installed Server Manager in our deployment server and Agent in AS400 i series server.
Our OS version for I series V5R4. System having JDK 1.5 with latest patches.
Deployment server manager console is detecting agents running on windows system but its not detecting AS400 Agent.
- Successfully connection established from AS/400 to Deployment server (TCP/IP connection status)

Can anyone help me here?

E1 8.12,tools 8.96_1i

Thanks in advance

Penchal.M

What's your name resolution from the Dep/SM Server to the 400? hosts file?

What AS/400 name(s) and/or aliases does it have configured in TCP/IP? Does it have a domain name configured?

You can also post your SM log here - there must be some clues there...

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.
Previously we added the Enterprise server name(without domain) in deployment server host file.

After adding Enterprise serve name with domain(Entsrver.domain.com),in deployment servers host file entry.then automatically detected the As/400 Agent by the Server manger console.

Thanks

Penchal.M

This should have really been documented in the official doco - it applies to all non-Windows servers...

What happens is that the agent connects to the server and gives it its machine name with the domain suffix and then the server tries to connect back to that name, so in very many cases that would fail, unless it's expected and managed.

Once you get to deploying HTTP server using the Server Manager, you will have some more fun ;-)

Back