JAS Media Object Time Out Problem Perhaps

wainwrr

wainwrr

Well Known Member
We have a large (c.5000) and growing number of media objects added through HTML Upload so they're all in the same directory. On the JAS client when adding the file as a URL users are increasingly getting a page not found error. The attachments are loaded successfully in that the files appear in the directory OK. They are retrievable later by FAT client and usually but not always by browser client.

My suspicion is that we have too many files and somethings timing out before the JAS server gets the attachment.

Does that sound reasonable and if so is there a JAS.ini parameter I can tweak? Any suggestions most gratefully received.

We had a similiar problem so we created a new folder and changed the path in the P98MOQU application

Could you clarify that for me please? Did you make an alternative folder and just copy all the existing MOs over and if so is there a reason why it was better (different server?)

The media objects are stored on the deployment server in the (E812, B7333 etc) under the mediaobj folder. If you launch the P98MOQUE application, the queue name corresponds to the folders on the deployment server. If users continue to add media objects to the same folder, the folder gets very large and can take too much time to open, thus timing out. You can create new folders and determine where the objects will get saved by the definitions in the p98moque

Thanks for responding but I have some questions arising.

Can you then have more than one HTML Upload queue?
If so how JDE decide which one to use?
If not how does moving it to a new location help?

Back